Local council supporting families to start their cloth nappy journey
- Banyule City Council runs reusable nappy workshops to introduce parents to modern cloth nappies. It’s one of their Towards Zero Waste Projects. Learn more >
- City of Greater Bendigo offers free workshops throughout the year to show people how to use modern cloth nappies. These are shared on their Facebook page events. Learn more >
- City of Woodonga, Shire of Indigo and Towong Shire residents can request reusable product demonstrations and workshops through the Halve Waste program. Learn more>
- City of Greater Dandenong runs cloth nappy workshops at the Dandenong Library. Learn more >
New South Wales
- Albury City, Federation Council and Greater Hume Shire Council residents can request reusable product demonstrations and workshops through the Halve Waste program. Learn more>
- Northern Beaches Council offers a number of great waste reducing initiatives and workshops including cloth nappies. Learn more >
- Randwick City Council run free ‘Introduction To Modern Cloth Nappies’ workshops to show you how easy modern cloth nappies are to use and clean. Learn more >
- Shoalhaven City Council run free cloth nappy workshops share the benefits of cloth nappies to the environment and your budget. Learn more >
- Wollongong City Council offers free cloth nappy workshops to new and expectant parents. Learn more >
- Camden Council, Inner West Council and Waverly Council, in collaboration with Nappy Lane, run a Getting Started with Modern Cloth Nappies workshop. Learn more >
- Metropolitan Perth offers a cloth nappy library service in collaboration with Switch Your Thinking. Up to 50 eligible families will receive a set of modern cloth nappies and accessories to trial for a month. Learn more >
- Town of Cambridge offers a free, relaxed, family-friendly workshop to learn about using cloth nappies from birth to toilet training. Learn more >
- City of Mandurah run a cloth nappy education workshop to help lower household waste and provide low cost nappy options for families. Learn more >
- City of Wanneroo has offered Modern Cloth Nappy Workshops through the Wanneroo Library. Get in touch to request a session. Learn more >
- City of Vincent has offered workshops in the past at the City of Vincent Library. Get in touch to request one. Learn more >
- Campbeltown City Council runs a cloth nappy library so parents can try cloth nappies before they buy. Trial two types of modern cloth nappies for a two week period to see what works for you. Learn more >
Australian Capital Territory
- Canberra via the Canberra Environment Centre, are an education centre that helps the community make lifelong behavioural change for a sustainable future. Check their schedule for upcoming workshops or request a cloth nappy demo. Learn more >
- Alice Springs Town Council have run reusable nappy workshops in the past. Reach out to see if and when they plan to offer this again. Learn more >
Don’t see your council?
Reach out to your council and request a cloth nappy workshop. Express your interest reducing your impact on the local environment by choosing cloth nappies. Some councils even offer cash subsidies, read all about the financial incentives here.
Please note that this list is current as of March 2020, if you have an update or if we’ve missed an event from your local council, please let us know so we can keep this page up to date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.