Vitamin C is the star of these immunity boosting smoothies. Vitamin C has the ability to help our body fight infections, heal tissue, grow bones, maintain blood vessels and enhance iron absorption. The best source of vitamin C are fruits and vegetables. Here are our favourite immunity boosting smoothie recipes.
Easy Immunity Smoothie
The below recipes make 1 adult serve.
Step 1: Pick your base
- Add 1 cup of liquid of your choice like water, coconut water or milk (almond, oat, rice etc)
- Add 1/2 cup of ice cubes
Step 2: Add your immunity boosting flavours
Orange & Mango
Oranges are the go-to when it comes to Vitamin C and go beautifully with Mangos for a refreshing and creamy treat.
- 2 oranges
- ½ mango
- ½ avocado
- A few mint leaves
Blackcurrant & Banana
Blackcurrants are high in Vitamin C. Look for them in the freezer section or order online.
- ½ cup blackcurrants
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Kakadu Plum & Berry
In traditional medicine, Kakadu plums were used to treat colds, the flu, and headaches and it’s a bonafide superfood. Stock up online.
- 1 tbsp kakadu plum powder
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp nut butter (almond butter is yum)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
Step 3: Blitz and enjoy!
- Add a little more liquid as needed to get desired consistency.
- Keep bananas frozen in the freezer.
- Choose a milk base rather than water base for a creamier texture.
- Double the batch and put them into ice block moulds for a healthy treat.
Shop the blog